Monday, August 20, 2012

Leaf Thirty: Bar Method





A couple of weeks ago, I took advantage of trying something new for my leaf of the week. Several months back my girlfriend Cookie told me about this new exercise phenomenon called “Bar Method”. She raved about how much she enjoyed the class and the incredible fitness results. I kept saying I would eventually try it, but like a lot of things, it got pushed to the back of my busy schedule. It seemed only fitting that as I transition into the next phase of my life that I add something to ease with the nerves. Exercise is my biggest stress reliever…I am always trying new things and love to push myself to the next limit. After my first at the new job today, the beauty of this new leaf was extremely apparent. I was exhausted when I got there at 5:30pm, but felt rejuvenated afterwards. That despite a hectic day, everything was going to be okay. I love that feeling.



The bar method offers a $10 for 10 days challenge thingy...I made it 9/10 days and let’s just say I’m hooked. It’s difficult to explain what the class exactly entails, as I am still trying to wrap my head around how small, focused movements and breathing can be quite the cardiovascular workout. The class lasts an hour, with an instructor that is incredibly helpful. It consists of a variety of different movements, some with weights, some on a ballet bar, some on a mat…lots of “tucking your seat” moments. I love the environment and mental focus. When class is over, I always feel refreshed and ready to take on the whatever is next. The results are quite incredible too. Never before have I felt my strength increase so quickly. I literally feel longer and leaner. I highly recommend taking the 10 day challenge if there is a studio near you. It is fun, energizing, and offers a mixed level class that seems to fit most everyone. Bar method has been one of my favorite leaves of the year and I look forward to adding it to my schedule daily!! 


Below is the link for anyone who is interested in learning more about it:
http://www.barmethod.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment