Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Leaf Three: Spending more time with great friends!


“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down”. –Oprah Winfrey
 
My life is blessed with so many incredible friendships.

The friends I have made over the years have become my family, my inspiration, and my support system.  Most days I wonder how I ever went a second without knowing each one of them. They have shaped me into the person I am today and are so much a part of my journey.  Unfortunately, it has been too easy to get caught up with work, school, and “my routine” that I haven’t seen them nearly enough. As I embark on this new chapter in my life to live wholeheartedly, I believe it is only possible by spending time with people that make me who I am. Happiness for me is about engaging with those friends that have always been next me on the bus and helped me get to where I am at today. This week, my third leaf is a trip to L.A. to embrace a friendship I could not imagine my life without.

Stephen has been a part of my life ever since my first day of college and it would have been impossible to get through those four years without him. Although Stephen only lives a couple hours away, we haven’t seen each other nearly enough. We do very well to stay in touch, but I don’t think anything can compare to a great night out together. My favorite part about seeing Stephen is that no matter how long it’s been we never skip a beat. We always pick up right where we left off and truly enjoy one another’s company. In college, we used to do go on run a together almost every week and I will never forget some of our conversations. I miss those days!! Stephen has always been a friend that has had my best interest at heart and at times known me better than I have known myself. I am so incredibly thankful for his friendship and example in my life. There is no doubt in my mind that he would be next me on that bus. This week’s leaf is dedicated to him and to weekend full of great conversation and laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment