Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Leaf Nineteen: 8 Second Ride


Yes, the picture above is me on a mechanical bull…this new leaf business is getting a little bit out of hand, but I have to say, the experience was quite a rush and a workout. I have a new appreciation for bull riders and their abilities. My 8 Second Ride was only one aspect of my incredible weekend with one of my closest and longest friends, Necia. I have known Necia since 5th grade and let’s just say 14 or so years later; some things never change and probably never will.



For as long as I can remember, even when we were young, Necia and I always found a way to go on some kind of adventure. From trips to Lake Powell, to all day outings at the baseball park, to staying up all night with new friends, we truly enjoyed our time together. I was so excited to have her come to San Diego this past weekend and the timing could not have been better. I finished up classes on Thursday and had my first four complete days off in I don’t know how long. Necia got in Thursday night and the rest is history.



My favorite thing about Nec is her easy going, genuine, sweet spirit. She is up for doing anything, even if it is simply spending the day lying on the beach…actually, I think lying in the sun is one of the things Nec and I do best…and we enjoy every second of it. Nec also loves baseball. We grew up at the baseball park, from watching my younger brothers to boys our age play, we would literally spend our entire summer days watching games. This weekend we made a last minute decision to go to a Padres game on Saturday Night. I couldn’t think of a better date than Nec…we enjoyed hot dogs and baseball like a couple of dudes. I was actually really impressed at Necia’s knowledge of all the players and their stats. I thought I was a baseball fan, but she took it to a whole new level…I am even considering joining the fantasy baseball thing next year after watching her.



One of the highlights of the weekend was deciding to ride a mechanical bull…we both kind of got suckered into it by a friend and neither one of us was going to be the person to back out. It was definitely an experience, full of lots of laughs and ridiculous pictures…seriously being bounced on a bull is not necessarily the best picture setting…but nonetheless, it will be a memory we look back and laugh at forever. I think that is the greatest thing that I have gained on my journey to wholehearted living, a lot of incredible, invaluable memories. This weekend was just another adventure to add to the list. Thank you Nec, for coming out and sharing the best parts of life with me. I love you to the moon and back and am so blessed for our friendship!


No comments:

Post a Comment