Monday, March 5, 2012

Leaf Nine: Being Spontaneous






“I believe a joyful life is made up of joyful moments gracefully strung together by trust, gratitude, inspiration, and faith” –Dr. Brené Brown


Over the past week I struggled to narrow down a distinct leaf. I seemed to be doing so many different things that it was hard to pick one to focus on this week. Often times I will pick a page in Dr. Brown’s book for inspiration around what I am trying to implement in my life. As always, her words motivate me and remind me about the beauty of simplicity in my life. My leaf this week is a combination of things. It was about having self-compassion, keeping an open mind, and enjoying the company of those around me.  Spontaneity has the power to do wonderful things. In the past I have been so easily caught up by routines and structure that I tended to miss meaningful opportunities. Living wholeheartedly and breaking free from myself gives me more courage than I have ever experienced before. I am open to the world around me and not scared to push things past my limit. Over the weekend I spent time with a number of people from close friends to new acquaintances.  Friday I went bowling downtown for one of my co-workers birthdays. Saturday I spent an amazing day on Coronado Beach for the day with a couple of friends I had just met the night before. Sunday I woke up early, went on a run, caught up on work, spent the day at the beach and ate dinner with my girlfriends. There was not a moment over the weekend where I was worrying about the next. Things were peaceful, I felt inspired and incredibly thankful for those I encountered over the past few days. It was a beautiful, spontaneous weekend…one that most definitely contributes to a joyful life ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment