Monday, February 27, 2012

Leaf Eight: Sing Like No One’s Listening





Honestly, I am almost in disbelief about last week’s leaf. I stepped out of my comfort zone more than I ever have before. I mean, I love to sing, but in the confinements of my car and shower… never publically. Friday night was a new leaf on a completely different level, but I have to say, I loved every moment of it. I was hanging out with some new friends at their apartment and the next thing I knew they had the karaoke going. They started joking around about how I had to sing so I could officially be initiated… I quickly dismissed those remarks and stated I was simply enjoying the show. I found myself thinking about why I couldn’t just get up there and sing … I came to the conclusion that a: I can’t sing and b: I would “never” have the confidence to do such a thing. I quickly realized that my reasons were rooted in my insecurities and fears of what others would think of me. Immediately, fifty-two leaves came into mind and I knew I would be singing before the night was over. I had done karaoke in the past with a bunch of girlfriends, but never alone. I don’t think I even really know how my singing voice sounds. Nonetheless, I found my song and did not look back. It was absolutely terrifying and a complete adrenaline rush all at the same time. It will be one of those moments I never forget and definitely reminded me of why I started this journey. I have a new openness and love for life… it is incredible and brings me the kind of happiness that lingers long after the moment has passed. I encourage you all to get out this week and do something you never would have before … you’ll surprise yourself about what you are capable of!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment