Thursday, June 21, 2012

Leaf Twenty-three: Making Moves


Last week I took the plunge, committed to a year lease at a new apartment, and started my next chapter. I decided a while back that I wanted to stay in San Diego post graduate school, but was not completely sure what that would look like or even if it would be a possibility. I have held onto the idea and worked hard to follow my heart to achieve what I need at this time. These past two years in San Diego have been the most telling of all my life and there is no doubt this is the happiest, most content I have ever felt. I also know my journey here is not yet complete and am I thrilled to truly begin the next chapter. It was both exciting and terrifying to sign a lease and commit to stay when I am uncertain of what life will look like after I complete school the end of August. Ultimately my goal is to have a job lined up in my field by that time, but I also know it is important to be realistic.

Making the move to a new apartment, in a new area in San Diego has been a leaf I have been looking forward to fulfilling. Although I am uncertain about the future, I am committed and motivated to this next stage in my life. It is really time for me to grow up and move into adulthood. Grad school definitely helped me prolong this step, but it also facilitated a space where I could figure out who I am and what I want for myself. Making a decision and believing in it has been one of the most empowering feelings I have ever experienced. To have faith and trust that I have what it takes to find my way gives me strength and hope.

It has been less than a week since I moved into my new place and I already feel such a different energy within myself. I am living with my good friend, Allison, who has been such a breath of fresh air for me. I am so thankful for her kind heart and sweet spirit and especially for the many adventures we have ahead of us.  Al is one of the most loyal individuals I have ever met. Her genuine care and love for others is powerful and I am grateful for the opportunity to share such an exciting part of my life with her. I love being able to come home and feel completely at ease and safe to be exactly who I am. And it’s even better that our good friend Lily lives right around the corner. Basically, we all have a lot to look forward too.

Making moves is an inspired leaf. Despite a hectic schedule the past couple of weeks and uncertainty about the future, I am feeling calm and ready for what is next. One of the most valuable lessons I have learned about wholehearted living does not include the absence of stress, pain, discomfort, sadness, etc., but the ability to sit amidst it and know I have the strength to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment